ADVICE | Aged Care
As you get older, your whole family will be facing lots of changes. Supporting parents during this time can be challenging, with lots of choices to be made. Get some tips to help you prepare for this role-reversal without the elderly feeling they are becoming a burden the cause of any family conflict.
In the later stages of life, many seniors want to stay independent for as long as possible, but there usually comes a time when they need more support. So how can you do more for your parents to keep them safe and comfortable, without taking away their sense of independence and dignity?
Here are some practical tips and questions:
- Talk together as a family
- Do you plan to stay at home as you age?
- How well are you coping at home?
- Do you feel connected to your family, friends and community?
- What can family do to make things easier at home?
- Have you looked at other options – retirement village or residential aged care?
- Have an honest conversation about your wealth and wellbeing
We can offer assistance with the following:
- Preparation to move into residential care
- Calculations for:
- Residential accommodation
- Home Care packages
- Implication of asset and how they will affect the fees payable